- on February 24, 2010
By joining our online community, you agree to the following. You can also read our full terms of service.
We're building a positive, solutions-oriented online community. We need your help to make this as interesting, helpful and thoughtful a community as possible. We have one primary (you might even call it golden) rule:
Treat your fellow users as you want them to treat you.
More specifically though, we think that includes agreeing:
• To refrain from using profanity or language that you wouldn't use in front of your boss or your mom.
• To follow the specific rules of any group of which you are a member. For example, some groups may require all members to use their real name.
• To refrain from using the site for your own commercial gain without the express written permission of The World Company.
• To engage other users in a respectful discussion. Disagreements of opinion are to be expected, but disagreements should be handled respectfully.
• To refrain from violating any copyright, trademarks, patents or other intellectual property restrictions.
• To accept full responsibility for anything that you post. That means, among other things, if it's factually incorrect, you'll do your best to fix it.
• To refrain from taking on the persona of anyone other than yourself.
• To respect others privacy. If they haven't said something publicly, you shouldn't either.
• To use your real name. We realize not all users are comfortable posting on the Internet using their real name, but we think that this Web site will be a safer, more productive place if we all know each other.