LMH to host 4th Annual Leadership Conference
- on April 10, 2014
The ever-changing world of healthcare often presents those in leadership positions with various challenges. Take advantage of this opportunity April 18th to hear from local experts about leadership skills learned along the way as well as how some of the more recent changes have affected the healthcare delivery system.
The 4th Annual Lawrence Memorial Hospital Leadership Conference is scheduled for 8am-4pm, April 18, at LMH, 325 Maine Street. Kansas Insurance Commissioner Sandy Praeger will provide the keynote address by talking about leadership skills she has learned throughout her career.
Praeger, a Lawrence resident, began honing her leadership skills as a Lawrence city commissioner and served one term as mayor before moving on to state elected positions in the legislature and senate to her current position as Kansas Insurance Commissioner. She has had numerous opportunities to develop skills to help tackle challenging issues along the way; and all before something called the Affordable Care Act and Health Insurance Exchanges were introduced. She will share some insight on lessons learned in her career, advice as well as the latest on the health insurance exchanges.
Rounding out the conference will be:
- The Impact of Technology on Healthcare, Jane Maskus, LMH VP and Chief Information Officer;
- The Changing Landscape of Healthcare, Sheldon Weisgrau, Director, Kansas Health Reform Resource Project;
- What is Value-Based Purchasing and How Does It Affect the Delivery of Healthcare? Karen Shumate, LMH Chief Operating Officer;
- What is a Patient-Centered Medical Home? Panel Discussion with Dr. Greg Schnose, Dr. Sherri Vaughn, and Shelly Wakeman, Director, Health Care Access;
- The Challenges for Future Leaders in Healthcare, Gene Meyer, LMH CEO.
Registration fees include conference materials, lunch, snacks at break times and door prizes. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 785.505.3072 for registration information. There are discounted student registration fees. Continuing education credits are available.