Welcome to Dads of Douglas County's Wellcommons Group
- on May 17, 2010
Welcome. Dads of Douglas County has opened this Wellcommons group for father figures in Douglas County a resource for networking, advocacy for children, and news about the importance of father figures in the lives of children.
We celebrate dads.
We are asking fathers to become contributors by writing short blogs that tell stories of fathers - stories of joy, sadness, redemption, parenting challenges and heroic transformation.
Dads of Douglas County would also like to invite dads, families and the entire community to Dad Days June 14-19.
Join Us for a Fun-Filled Week of Activities!
Look for great Passport to Savings deals from downtown merchants all week long!
Monday, June 14:
- Days Community Speaker | 5:00 p.m. Bud Stallworth: Mentoring & Success in School and in Life, Lawrence Public Library Auditorium
- Dad Days Film Festival | 7:00 p.m. Screening of Father Figure with Discussion to Follow, Lawrence Public Library Auditorium
Tuesday, June 15
- Dad Days Declaration | 6:30 p.m. by Mayor Mike Amyx. City Hall
Wednesday, June 16
- Dad Days County Declaration | 4:00 p.m.by Commissioner Nancy Thellman | County Court House
- Dad Days Film Festival | 7:00 p.m. Independent Film Makers Contest Screening and Awards Ceremony, Lawrence Arts Center
Friday, June 18
- Professional Development | 8:00 a.m.- Noon, Dad Days Workshops for Human Service Professionals, Community Health Facility
Saturday, June 19
- Community Festival | 10:00 a.m.- 2:00 p.m.Games & Contests, Motorcycle Display, Free Food, New & Expectant Dads’ Baby Shower, Safe Kids Buckle Up Van and much more! Douglas County Fair Grounds