How do affluent people make decisions about charitable giving?
- on August 10, 2012
If you are involved in fundraising, you won't want to miss the September 6 presentation Giving in the U.S. and High Net Worth Philanthropy at the Lawrence Public Library from 4:00-5:30 p.m.
Judy Keller, a professional fundraiser with Jeffrey Byrne & Associates, will present the results of the most recent GivingUSA survey and two other studies that track charitable giving trends and statistics.
The Douglas County Community Foundation, the Lawrence Public Library and Jeffery Byrne & Associates are presenting the free program.
You will learn:
- How affluent households respond in their giving to changes in the economy
- What high net worth donors expect--and will demand--from the charities they give to
- How high net worth donors prefer to give, and who makes decisions in their households
- How women view and practice philanthropy as distinct from their male counterparts
- About the "volunteer effect" with high net worth donors
- About the emerging impact of family philanthropy and mufti-generational involvement
Registration is required.To register, contact Kathleen Morgan at email@example.com.