- Adults generally have 32 permanent teeth, including wisdom teeth.
- Children have 20 baby teeth that start to grow in when they are about 6 months old.
- Humans only have 2 sets of teeth in their lifetime.
- Sharks have around 40 sets of teeth in their lifetime!
- The enamel of your teeth is the hardest substance found in your body.
- Your teeth start to form before you're even born!
- People tend to lose their first tooth around the age of 6 or 7.
- The 2nd most common disease, after the common cold, is tooth decay!
- Crocodiles may not brush their teeth, but there are birds that will pick scraps from their teeth to help keep them clean!
- George Washington did not have teeth made of wood. He did, however, have dentures made from walrus, hippopotamus, and cows' teeth.
- The first commercial toothbrush was made in 1938.
- Newborns do not have the bacteria that cause tooth decay in their mouths. The bacteria is often transmitted from parents to children when they share food or give kisses!
- Snails can have over 25,000 teeth! Imagine having to brush and floss all of those!