The Lawrence Outdoor Aquatic Center opens Saturday and just in time. The temperatures are forecast to be in the 90s.
The pool will be open daily from 1 p.m. to 8:45 p.m. through Aug. 19 with exceptions on July 4 and Aug. 16-17.
If you like to swim, you might want to take advantage of an "early bird" pass that's good at both the indoor and outdoor aquatics centers. The pass regularly costs $81, but will be available for $60 through Friday, May 25, at the Indoor Aquatic Center, 4706 Overland Drive.
The Indoor Aquatic Center will switch to its summer hours on Saturday and those will be in effect until July 31: The schedule will be:
• Lap swimming — 5:15 a.m.-8:45 p.m. weekdays, 9 a.m.-8:45 p.m. Saturdays, 1 p.m.-5:45 p.m. Sunday.
• Waterslide and diving area — 1 p.m.-8:30 p.m. Monday through Saturday, 1 p.m.-5:30 p.m. Sunday.
• Warm water workouts — noon-1p.m. Monday through Thursday.
• Zero-depth and children’s area — 1 p.m.-8:45 p.m. Monday through Saturday, and 1 p.m.-5:45 p.m. Sunday.
The South Park Wading Pool will be open May 30 through Aug. 11. Its hours will be:
• Weekdays — 1:30 p.m.-7 p.m.
• Saturdays — 1 p.m.-6 p.m.
For more information, contact Jimmy Gibbs, aquatics manager, at 832-7946.