LiveWell Lawrence’s website has received its first makeover since being launched five years ago. The website — livewelllawrence.org — now features a news section, calendar of events and reflects the recent expansion of the coalition.
LiveWell Lawrence is a coalition of community members who are working to make it easier for Douglas County residents to eat healthy foods, be physically active and live tobacco free. It was founded five years ago by about a dozen members. Today, there are more than 100 members working in five areas:
• Healthy Built Environment — focusing on how to make it easier for residents to bike, walk and wheel to everyday destinations.
• Healthy Food For All — working with farmers, pantries, grocery stores, transportation experts and others to help low-income families gain access to nutritious foods.
• WorkWell Lawrence — working to increase opportunities for healthy eating and exercise in workplaces and public venues.
• Healthy Kids — working to improve the nutrition environment for children, ages birth to 18, along with providing more opportunities for physical exercise.
• Tobacco-Free Living — working to develop and expand public support for system changes that transform community values around tobacco.
Marilyn Hull, founding member, is pleased about the synergy that’s taking place around health. “It’s exciting to hear about the work that’s under way to create a healthier environment for Douglas County residents and I’m glad the website now reflects that work.”
The website was redesigned by Darren Moore, president and creative director, of Titus D. Co., a Lawrence-based visual and communication arts company.