KDHE Secretary among guests at Oct. 15 LiveWell Lawrence celebration
- on September 25, 2013
LiveWell Lawrence will mark its fifth anniversary with a community celebration from 4:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. Tuesday, Oct. 15, at Abe and Jake’s Landing, 8 E. Sixth St., in downtown Lawrence.
The celebration’s program begins at 5:15 p.m. and will include:
• Welcome — Hank Booth
• Bringing the vision of LiveWell to life — Marilyn Hull, of Douglas County Community Foundation.
• LiveWell, today and tomorrow — Cindy Johnson, chair of LiveWell Lawrence
• LiveWell, a state leader — Jeff Usher, of Kansas Health Foundation, and Robert Moser, MD, secretary of the Kansas Department of Health and Environment.
• Community impact — Douglas County Commissioner Mike Gaughan and Lawrence Mayor Michael Dever.
• Special recognition of Marilyn Hull
There will be free food and beverages along with information booths about community activities ranging from school gardens and bicycling to workplace wellness and transportation planning.
The event is open to the public and there is no cost to attend.