Relay For Life of Douglas County - Please join us tonight!
- on June 8, 2012
We're Ready to Relay!!
The community is invited to join us this evening as we gather to celebrate the lives of people who have battled cancer, remember loved ones lost, and fight back against the disease. Relay For Life of Douglas County supports the American Cancer Society through our annual fundraising event at Free State High School's track, 4700 Overland Drive in Lawrence.
• 5:30 p.m. — Food Vendors, Games for Kids and Awesome Silent Auction will begin;
• 6:45 p.m. — Presentation of Colors;
• 7 p.m. — Opening Ceremony, Survivors Lap & Team Introduction Lap;
• 9:15 p.m. — Luminaria Ceremony with Dr. Rod Barnes as keynote speaker and time to Pause to Remember;
• 5:30 a.m. Saturday — Closing Ceremony begins.
Come join us. Walk a lap. Cheer on the Survivors who walk their Victory Lap. Purchase a luminaria to honor a loved one. Buy a basket at the fabulous Silent Auction. Take in the ceremonies. Enjoy the food. Help to fund research as we fight against cancer. You will experience a life-changing event!