Where to go in Lawrence for breastfeeding help
Tuesday, January 28, 2014
Lawrence has a plethora of options for mothers who need breastfeeding help. Here are some of the places new moms who are nursing (and their partners) can go for support:
• Breastfeeding and New Parent Support Group — advice from new moms, a scale for weight checks and lactation consultants and breastfeeding educators. Mondays from 10-11:30 a.m. in lower-level auditorium of Lawrence Memorial Hospital, 325 Maine St. Contact LMH community educator Melissa Hoffman at 785-505-3081, 785-550-6795 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
• Mommies for Mondays! Facebook group — online support for new mothers.
• Breast is Best Social (BIBS) breastfeeding support group — Wednesdays at 6:30 p.m. at Lawrence-Douglas County Health Department, 200 Maine St. Call 785-843-3060 or visit the Douglas County Breastfeeding Connection Facebook page for more information.
See related article
• La Leche League of Lawrence — support group meets the second Tuesday of every month at 7 p.m. in lower level meeting room of Lawrence Memorial Hospital and the third Tuesday of every month from 10 a.m. to noon at Delaware Street Commons, 1222 Delaware St. Contact Melinda at 785-979-2477 or Darlene at 785-979-5532 for more information.
• Infant Nutrition Center and The Perfect Fit at Lawrence Memorial Hospital — lactation consultants and breastfeeding supplies. Open Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to noon or by appointment. Located on the third floor of the hospital next to the Family Birthing Center. Call 785-840-2738 for more information.
• Women, Infants and Children breastfeeding peer counselors at Lawrence-Douglas County Health Department — breastfeeding support for mothers in the WIC program. Call 785-843-0721 for more information.
• Lawrence Memorial Hospital lactation consultants — call 785-505-2738 for assistance.
• Breastfeeding Your Baby class at Lawrence Memorial Hospital — various dates and times. Cost is $25 per mother (partners are encouraged are attend for no additional charge). Contact LMH Connect Care at 785-749-5800 or email@example.com to register.